On this course, you’ll be introduced to the central and peripheral nervous systems. Through a series of illustrated lecture videos and quizzes, you’ll explore basic neuroanatomy, as well as sensory pathways, motor pathways and the autonomic nervous system. By the end of this course, you’ll have a more thorough understanding of how the entire body influences, and is influenced, by the nervous system.
- Gross anatomy of the central and peripheral nervous systems
- The names and functions of the cranial nerves
- Functions of the central and peripheral nervous systems
This course is designed for high school and new college and university students interested in the medical field. It will also be of interest to adults looking for a career change into a health profession, as well as anyone looking to improve their understanding of the human body.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Identify the gross anatomy of the central and peripheral nervous systems
- Identify the names and functions of cranial nerves
- Describe how sensory information enters the brain
- Describe how the brain and spinal cord control the muscles
- Summarize how the autonomic system activates the fight or flight response