It’s common to control wound infections with antibiotics. Understanding antimicrobial stewardship is key to preventing antimicrobial resistance and treating a range of infections caused by bacteria, parasites, viruses, and fungi.
On this course, you will explore antimicrobial resistance, learn how to treat it, and understand how this affects the safe management of patients with wounds. You will also learn how to recognise and diagnose wound infections and how to implement infection control measures in your own practice. Listen to a sneak preview here.
- Introduction to Wound Management and Antimicrobial Stewardship
- What is Wound infection and how to apply AMS practices
- Implementation of Antimicrobial Stewardship into clinical practice
This course is for healthcare professionals involved in wound management and infection prevention.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explore antimicrobial stewardship.
- Demonstrate infection prevention measures in your own clinical area.
- Identify signs of infection.
- Develop skills to manage wound infections.
- Engage others in your department to carry out antimicrobial stewardship.
- Perform antimicrobial stewardship in your own area and prioritise monitoring