We no longer only buy products or experience services in physical spaces. We now often buy in-store and online using a laptop, a phone and even a watch. This course demystifies the omni channel experience, and explores how omnichannel retail and supply chains have changed the production and consumption experience for both enterprises and consumers.
- The distinction between omni-channels and multi channels to recognise the features, benefits and challenges offered by a new way of buying and selling.
- Evolving modes of interaction between retailers and consumers demonstrating how consumer buying patterns and expectations are changing fast.
- Logistical operations for omni-channel retailers to show how supply chains, particularly warehouse and distribution channels, differ from the traditional approach in the way they must respond to ever-increasing challenges.
- The impact of real time data on retailers and consumers to recognise how retailers can use this to personalise the shopping experience and increase sales.
- The challenges of last mile delivery to show this link in the supply chain has expanded exponentially and the way new technologies and a range of third-party suppliers are fulfilling ‘anything, anytime, anywhere’ supply.
This course is aimed at professionals and students in disciplines of operations, finance, marketing, or human resources, who wish to learn more about omni-channel and the impact on consumers and supply chain.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Explain how omni-channels have changed consumers’ buying experience and altered the dynamics between suppliers, retailers and consumers
- Assess the issues presented by omni-channels on contemporary supply chains.
- Explain and apply the key concepts of supply chain management to omni-channel retailing
- Analyse omni-channel logistics issues and identify workable solutions for logistics and supply chain problems
- Investigate new technologies to suggest options for last mile delivery