Explore computer programming and complete block-language programming exercises
What are computers good at and how can you get the best out of them?
On this course, you’ll find out how and why people program computers.
Using an introductory block-language for coding, you’ll discover the kinds of problems that computers can help you solve.
You’ll also explore different types of coding languages and discover a variety of useful applications of code.
At the end of the course, you’ll implement key principles you’ve learned by writing your first computer programs.
- Key developments in computing
- Explore what code can do
- How programming works in real life
- Writing basic code
- Solving a more complex problem with code
- Finding out what a development team does
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Summarise key developments in the advent of computer technology.
- Identify where algorithms are used in the real world.
- Solve basic block-language programming exercises.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities involved in making software.
- Solve more advanced block language exercises with expressive solutions.
- Describe the features and advantages of text-based coding languages.
- Ozone Certificate.