Explore the core principles behind user design and user experience
News, shopping, banking, social media; most of us have multiple mobile apps on our smartphones, but how are they made and what makes a good one?
Dive into the world of app design with the Institute of Coding and learn how to create a great user experience.
You’ll hear from industry professionals on how they go about designing and building apps for their users.
You’ll also have the opportunity to produce clickable prototypes from your own sketches and create your own app.
- How a smartphone works
- The features that make a phone interactive
- Looking for problems to solve with apps
- Designing an app
- Testing an app
- Meeting an app development team
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace.
This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Identify the features of a smartphone that influence the design of an app.
- Describe how interactive and visual features contribute to great user experience of apps.
- Discuss the various roles and stages necessary to make a mobile app.
- Identify and describe a simple problem that an app could solve.
- Design screens and architecture of a mobile app using pen, paper and your own smartphone.
- Produce clickable prototypes from your sketches and test them.
- Ozone Certificate