Prepare for your final assessment with supported revision that covers the range of topics studied so far, including security legislation, secure design principles, formal modelling, hazard analysis, and model checking.
Work will be structured around a series of exercises and case scenarios to offer you a structured approach to preparing for this ExpertTrack’s final assignment.
Revise your knowledge of security standards and legislation
Review and reflect on some of the key concepts covered here. You’ll be presented with a number of scenarios that reflect on how cyber security interacts with the system development life cycle, and how secure design principles can be implemented in real-life systems.
- Current security concerns in the system development process
- Overview of the key concepts covered in the program
- Preparation for the final assignment
This course is for those interested in improving their understanding of the security practices and legislation involved in the software development life cycle.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the current security concerns/issues identified in the different stages of the development lifecycle of a system
- Discuss the opportunities of applying more accurate and cost-effective testing and verification techniques (eg secure by design approach)
- Describe the main testing and formal analysis limitations