Learn how to become a pro at using Microsoft Excel’s key formulas
Excel is one of the most widely used business applications in the world.
But while there are thousands of Excel courses, this is the world’s first data-backed course which narrows training down to the specific functions and features that the majority of people will need.
Identify the right Excel formulas to improve your efficiency
Using Excel is a vital skill that will enable you to become more efficient and productive in your current role, learn new skills to facilitate promotion or to move job roles, and increase your chances of getting a first job that requires using Excel.
The course covers the fundamental skills, tools and functions to be competent at analysing data in Excel. Including:
- Excel functions
- Excel formulae
- PivotTables, conditional formatting, timelines, and slicers
- Spreadsheet management/efficiency
- Excel shortcuts/commands
- Thinking like a data analyst
The primary audience for this course are the vast majority of knowledge workers who use Excel every week but could easily do so more effectively, faster and with more confidence.
This includes professional knowledge workers, university students and recent graduates, in-career professionals who want to upskill, and those returning to work.
What software or tools do you need?
You will need access to Excel to complete the exercises. It is recommended to use a desktop, laptop or tablet to get the most out of the course.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Produce a range of spreadsheets, including a cleaned data set, PivotTables, PivotCharts
- Apply Excel formulae – such as concatenate, trim, and proper – to data sets to clean and analyse data
- Calculate mathematical functions including averages, counts and sums
- Identify which Excel functions and formulae are appropriate to perform mathematical functions, clean and interpret data, and answer business questions
- Improve decision making, thinking efficiency and problem solving in Excel
- Apply numerical and visual formatting, including conditional formatting, slicers and timelines, to spreadsheets to produce clean and comprehensible workbooks
- Improve spreadsheet efficiency and maintenance with shortcuts, navigation commands, and design principles
- Ozone Certificate