On this course, you’ll learn how to better solve simple problems and sharpen your decision-making process. You’ll evaluate your existing problem-solving technique and build the skills to improve it.
As you learn what transferable skills are required, you’ll discover how to identify a problem, how to understand it and how to analyze the associated risks and benefits of various solutions.
You’ll also spend time producing a detailed plan to persuade others that your own solution is workable.
- Explore the types of transferrable skills that are needed to solve problems
- Look at how to identify the real, underlying problems of a particular situation
- Introduction to the SWOT analysis as a way of understanding the problem
- Explore how to identify the best possible solution
- Explore the benefits and risks of a solution
- Explore tools to help pitch ideas to others in order to get buy-in
- Create a business case which will be peer reviewed
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace. This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Evaluate personal skills for problem solving
- Describe how problems exist in wider contexts
- Develop an idea to approach a real life problem
- Explore methods to minimise risk and turn ideas into plans
- Explain the importance of the wider impact when proposing solutions
- Produce a plan that persuades others your solution will work