User experience, known as UX, makes a huge difference to whether a digital product, or project, succeeds. On this course, you will learn what UX is and why it’s so important. You’ll learn the foundations of UX design and what distinguishes good from bad UX. You will also explore the UX design process; user research, designing your experience, using your goals and ideas to draw wireframes and then building usable prototypes.
Why is user experience important?
- The foundations of UX design
- What is ‘good usability’?
User experience basics
- The importance of user research
- User journeys
- Visual design
- Structuring your site
- Wireframes and interactive prototypes
Tools and testing
- Types of user testing
- Interaction design
- The importance of analyzing data
This course is for those seeking to develop their entrepreneurial skills, preparing to enter the workplace or looking to change careers. No previous experience or qualifications required.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Explain the foundations of UX design and the impact it can have on your business
- Identify the key approach, attitude and process elements which are necessary for UX design
- Describe the ‘design’, ‘develop’ and ‘release’ stage of the UX process and what ‘user journeys’ are
- Identify the concepts of information architecture and the importance of good structure for usability
- Identify the concepts and explain reasons for creating prototypes
- Explain the how and why of drawing wireframes, the importance of low-to-high detail and the benefits of interactive prototypes