As the global funding landscape is changing rapidly, arts and cultural organizations are becoming increasingly concerned about what actions to take.
On this course, you will learn about the importance of developing organizational resilience through effective leadership and management, and how to diversify income streams by becoming more entrepreneurial. You will explore different leadership styles, change management and entrepreneurship, so you’ll be in a better position to lead your organization’s fundraising strategy and offer better value to your audiences.
- Introduction and overview: why are we talking about arts fundraising and organisational development? Global perspectives.
- A values-based approach to vision and mission development and the implications of this for authentic arts fundraising.
- The role of leaders and leadership in managing changing cultures of fundraising and organisational development.
- Theories and practical applications of change management in the arts and cultural sector.
- An evolving ecology: Cultural entrepreneurship and new venture creation.
- Developing and debating ‘resilience’ by critically exploring emerging business models and structures in the arts and cultural sector.
This course is for chief executives, senior managers and board members involved with fundraising in the non-profit arts and culture sector, whether in the UK or internationally. It also aimed at those aspiring to take on a leadership role in the future.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Explore how to develop an enterprising and effective arts and cultural organisation.
- Evaluate the opportunities and challenges of raising funds in the arts and cultural sector by exploring examples and strategies from arts management and cultural policy.
- Critically investigate key ideas and models of arts fundraising, cultural leadership, organisational development and change management.
- Reflect on ways to develop enterprising and effective arts and cultural organisations.
- Identify and debate the challenges unique to leading contemporary arts and cultural organisations.