eHealth refers to the use of technologies to improve well-being, health, and healthcare. It is an umbrella term that captures concepts about the health context, technology, and people.
In this online course, we will provide you with insight into the domain of eHealth, describe methods to develop eHealth, and explain theories that enable behaviour change and facilitate implementation. You will also understand how eHealth technologies are developed and used in practice, by means of a variety of case studies, assignments and examples.
- Meaning and application of eHealth
- Different domains of eHealth
- Human Centred Design
- Usability testing
- Values and requirements
- Behaviour change
- Persuasive technology
- Implementation of eHealth technology
- Formative and summative evaluation
- Log data analysis
This course is suitable for everyone who wants or needs to know more about eHealth and all of its possibilities. No specific knowledge or education background is assumed, since all concepts that are discussed will be briefly explained. For learners who desire more depth, further reading is available.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- plain the term eHealth, give examples of possible forms of eHealth, and identify possible benefits and barriers
- Apply and recognize theoretical principles from Human Centred Design, behaviour change theory and the Persuasive Systems Design Model when designing an eHealth technology
- Identify the most important principles and theories from eHealth implementation and recognize implementation methods
- Describe how the phases and principles of the CeHRes Roadmap are used in the development of eHealth technologies
- Explain the rationale behind formative and summative evaluation and recognize methods from both forms of evaluation