As the digital world plays an increasingly large role in our daily lives, so too does the use of data. On this course, you’ll be introduced to key data concepts as you learn how to solve simple, everyday problems using data.
You’ll discover data ethics and the restrictions that exist in using other people’s data. You’ll also learn how to present data in a meaningful way that’s easy to understand through data visualization techniques.
- Explore the notion of data and what that actually means
- Learn the key terminology related to dealing with data
- Explore how data can be used to solve problems
- Explore individual sets of data that can be brought together to form datasets, which can then be used for greater insights
- Explore the ethics and rules of using other people’s data
- Learn how to turn data into something visual and easy to understand
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace. This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Describe the difference between data, metadata and knowledge
- Summarise how data is used to solve problems
- Interpret trends and analyse patterns from a dataset
- Debate the ethical considerations of data collection
- Produce a plan to solve a problem with evidence and data
- Apply a simple visualization technique to make data easier to understand and work with