Over six weeks, a team of award-winning filmmakers will take you through their approach to telling stories. You will explore a variety of film production specialisms, from writing and directing to cinematography, editing and composing. Each week your filmmaker host will use examples from their work as well as films that have influenced and inspired them.
- A Passion for Film
- Having Vision: Telling Stories
- An Accumulation of Decisions
- Breaking Down a Scene
- Music and Sound in Film
- Transitions in Time and Space
This course is for anyone interesting in filmmaking. Whether you’re a budding filmmaker or a film fan who wants to understand more about what happens behind-the-scenes, this course from the internationally acclaimed National Film and Television School will have something for you.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Discuss the differences between story and theme in a film
- Explain the different roles involved in a film shoot
- Explore the contribution of the camera to storytelling
- Reflect upon the role of editing in telling a story on film
- Identify the contribution of sound and music to a film’s meaning