Fashion is a global industry worth $2.4 trillion, employing around 50 million people, and is said to be one of the world’s most polluting industries. Fashion has the power to make positive change, re-imagining currently damaging systems. On this course, you’ll explore key sustainability issues, agendas and contexts associated with luxury fashion.
- Why Sustainability in Fashion?
- Contextualizing Sustainability for a Changing World
- Material Dimensions: Sourcing for luxury fashion
- Informed Decision Making: tools and methods
- Creative Possibilities
- Creative Realisation
This course is aimed at those working in fashion, fashion education, and those with an interest in sustainability in the fashion industry.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Discuss the complex nature of sustainability through the introduction to materials sourcing for luxury fashion; informed decision making; and creative realisation of ideas.
- Apply understanding of fashion & sustainability knowledge and reflection to your practice through manifesto creation and design thinking processes.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of key sustainability agendas, issues and contexts associated with luxury fashion design, production and consumption.
- Debate current and emerging perspectives, design approaches and business strategies relevant to the contexts of planetary boundaries and human equality.
- Develop innovative approaches to fashion that can contribute to ecological resilience and thriving societies.