On this course, you’ll learn how food science and nutrition helps us to understand and study the fascinating world of food. You’ll explore the food supply chain and learn how food processing can make food healthier. You’ll examine how new food technologies are revolutionising food production and how new products are developed.
You’ll also explore how nutritional needs vary in different countries and how policies on nutrition are developed. Through case studies, you’ll understand the importance of micro and macronutrients and explore what happens to food whilst it’s in your body.
From farm to supermarket
- Where does your food come from?
- 3D printing: A food revolution?
- New Product Development
Food and you
- Eating with awareness
Maintaining your health with micronutrients
The course is designed for anyone interested in exploring food’s journey from the farm all the way to what happens inside our bodies. It will be particularly useful for students who want to study food science or nutrition at university. The course can help improve your university application by broadening your understanding of food science and nutrition and developing your independent learning skills.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explain the direct and indirect activities that contribute to online presence
- Evaluate your online presence
- Improve your personal professional presence
- Compare different platforms to analyse their suitability for your needs
- Classify communications strategies
- Develop a plan for an effective online presence