On this course you’ll learn about the five-stage process and have the opportunity to take part in practical activities to try each stage of the process. You’ll learn why this method of thinking is effective, how to use it, and which jobs use the process.
You’ll also become familiar with how to collect the right information and data to prove a solution can work in the real world.
- Gain a practical insight into human-centred design (an iterative design process in which designers focus on the users and their needs in each phase of the design process)
- Explore the use of design thinking methods
- Hear from others about how they use human-centred design
- Experiment with design thinking through a series of simple activities
This course is designed for people who have digital skills but would like to build confidence in using digital technology in the workplace. This may include those studying for A-levels, those who have a degree, or those who want to improve their career prospects.
The course will also be useful for anyone in employment who wants to boost their digital skills or anyone returning to the workplace who’d like to gain confidence in how working practices have evolved.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Identify the kinds of problem that can be solved with human-centred design
- Summarise the activities needed to run a successful human-centred design project
- Develop a human-centred design mindset to approach a problem
- Apply the Design Thinking process to a real-world problem
- Investigate how making and testing rough prototypes helps improvement
- Collect information and data that help prove a solution will work in the real world