Get a headstart in the world of teaching with this introductory course
The PGCE is a postgraduate certificate in education that proves your credentials as a teacher in England, and can also allow you to teach abroad.
As a potentially important qualification to gain, preparing yourself to study for it is important. On this course, you’ll examine the academic literature around what teaching and learning in schools look like.
- The legal framework around teaching
- What teaching and learning looks like
- Lesson observation skills
- Academic literature to prepare you for teaching
This course is aimed at anyone who has accepted a place on an English PGCE course or is preparing for a teaching career in higher or further education
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Investigate what might be involved in completing a postgraduate certificate in education (PGCE) program
- Reflect upon your own motivations for wanting to become a teacher
- Develop initial understanding of the centrality of safeguarding to the role of the teacher and some key aspects of safeguarding.
- Investigate the importance of reflective practice for teachers
- Explore the importance of good mental health and wellbeing for teachers
- Identify the importance of subject knowledge for teachers and begin to develop your own subject knowledge in areas of need
- Ozone Certificate