Experts from Ozone will share their top tips to help you write exceptional applications, CVs (or résumés), covering letters and personal statements.
You’ll also hear from employers and admissions tutors to find out what they really look for in a candidate.
Understanding jobs and courses
Making the match
Summary of the week
CVs and covering letters
Create an effective CV
Develop a professional online profile
Sell yourself in your covering letter
End of week summary
Application forms and personal statements
Outstanding application forms
Brilliant personal statements
End of course summary
This course is designed for anyone applying for jobs or courses. It will be of particular interest to those in the early stages of their career, or those who are out of practice and need to update their skills. No prior knowledge or expertise are needed.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Improve your chances of success in getting a job or securing a place on a university course
- Apply best practice techniques when applying for jobs, apprenticeships, placements and university courses, from preparing to apply, to writing CVs and completing application forms
- Identify what recruiters are looking for by analysing job adverts and researching employers and institutions, to find out how to adapt your offer to suit their requirements
- Develop a better understanding of your strengths and skills to tackle applying for your dream job or course with confidence
- Improve the way you promote yourself effectively through positive writing and a strong personal brand, creating an identity that looks impressive to a recruiter, whether that’s an employer or admissions tutor.