Human factors is the study of how humans behave and interact with each other and their surroundings. It considers how humans interact in the workplace and how, due to the inevitability of human error, mistakes are likely to occur.
On this course you will look at human factors in a healthcare environment, an area where it is vital to limit mistakes because human error can affect patient safety. You will learn about systems that pre-empt the inevitability of human error and can help improve clinical practice and patient safety as a whole.
- The Basic Principles of Human Factors
- Application of Human Factors to Healthcare
- Implementing Change – Creating a Safety Culture
This course is for healthcare professionals of all levels, but many of the topics discussed are transferable across other industries.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Develop an awareness of human error and how this can affect clinical performance
- Describe the different cognitive categories under the umbrella term of human factors
- Discuss the importance of effective communication within healthcare
- Develop an effective and open safety culture within everyday practice