This course introduces a case study showing how Marks & Spencer has been a key innovator in fashion, introducing new fabrics that make our lives easier and more comfortable.
You will see how M&S continues to drive innovation to bring consumers new and better products. You will also consider your own clothing and its innovation story, research how a favourite item of clothing is the result of innovative developments in the industry and share your findings with other learners.
Exploring fashion innovation
- Thinking about fashion innovation
- Case study: incremental innovation at M&S
A fashion story
- Innovation in action
- Your turn
This course has been specifically designed for students at schools and colleges. They provide a taster of undergraduate study and help students to decide which subject to study at university.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Explore the different types of innovation and discuss examples of each.
- Identify the three levels of innovation: incremental, radical, and disruptive.
- Discuss the different types and levels of innovation in the fashion industry.
- Evaluate the way in which clothes were marketed in the 1950s compared to today.
- Explore future directions in fabric and garment innovation and discuss technologies which have impacted on innovation in the fashion industry.
- Research and report on the history and development of an item of clothing.
- Record the history and development of your chosen clothing item.
- Share and discuss your research with fellow learners.