Most people will have interacted with a qualified nurse during their lifetime, but the profession remains largely misunderstood. On this course, you’ll develop an accurate understanding of nursing and where a career in nursing can lead. You’ll discover the demands of nursing in emergency and intensive care, and education and research. You’ll also observe nursing in GP surgeries, people’s homes, and assisted living facilities. The course will explore how basic science, psychology, and sociology is applied in the nursing profession to reveal the diverse role nurses play in our society today.
- Identify how the application of basic science relates to nursing practice.
- Describe some of the basic psychology and sociology applied to nursing
- Discuss the roles of nursing within society
- Develop an understanding of health research that can be utilised in evidence-based nursing care
This course is for individuals interested in, or considering a career in nursing.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss the changing demands on the NHS
- Describe the benefits of personalised care for the whole population
- Describe the six ways people can experience personalised care
- Discuss personalised care with health professionals with more confidence