Are you interested in a career in nursing? Prepare with this course where you will explore how nursing contributes to the health and well-being of individuals and communities around the world.
You will learn about the different roles nurses play, including the role of nurses in public health. You will discover the principles of nursing and understand how nurses can help people and communities care for themselves.
- The roles and unique contributions of nurses globally
- Principles and applications of Holistic care within a local context
- How nursing can support people and communities to care for themselves
- The role of nurses in public health, and the role of World Health Organisation
- The triple impact of nursing. How nursing can improve health; promote gender equality; and contribute towards stronger economies
This course has been created for refugees, displaced people and the communities supporting them in the MENA (Middle East and Northern Africa) region who wish to study nursing or a healthcare-related course at a university in English.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explore the role of nurses globally, and explain the unique contribution of the nurse
- Explain the principles of holistic care and apply holistic care within the local context of health and well-being
- Investigate the impact of the nurse’s role in patients’ lives and local communities
- Reflect on the role of the World Health Organisation in public health
- Identify what contributes to health and well-being
- Discuss the role of nurses in: improving health; gender equality; stronger economies