The travel and tourism sector contributed 319 million jobs to the economy in 2018. Whether you’re planning a trip or looking to work in travel, on this course, you will explore key brands and trends in travel and tourism.
You will learn about the structure of the travel and tourism industry and how it operates. You will learn where people travel, how they get there, and what they do when they arrive. You will also explore hotel and hospitality business strategy, food, and how to harness the power of social media when travelling or working abroad.
- Selecting a Destination.
- Tools available for making Reservations
- Types of Transportation.
- The Accommodations sector of the industry.
- The Food sector of the industry.
- The fast-growing “Experiences” sector.
- The importance of feedback and social media.
This course is for people considering a career in Travel & Tourism or starting a travel related business. The course is open for ten weeks; teachers and individual learners design their own schedules.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Demonstrate knowledge of how the Travel & Tourism industry is structured.
- Identify the sectors of the Travel & Tourism industry and its customers.
- Collaborate with other learners in sharing experiences in and ideas about the Travel & Tourism business.
- Compare job and career opportunities for planning your future.
- Explore the wide range of careers at each step in the customer journey.