Explore the skills required to make a difference and prevent fraud
Fraud is a great challenge facing communities today. The methods used by criminals to steal from individuals and organisations are constantly evolving and becoming more sophisticated. This makes it even harder for fraud to be prevented.
On this course, you will study with the City of London Police the skills needed to conduct an effective and proactive fraud investigation. You will look at the key enablers of fraud and learn how to apply the Fraud Investigation Model. Upon successful completion of this course, you should feel more confident in your ability to fight against fraud.
- Fraud types and factors: this topic will focus on the meaning and nature of fraud, fraud factors and the most common fraud types by volume reported in the UK.
- The Fraud Investigation Model: this topic should explore how to use the Fraud Investigation Model to counter fraud.
- Conducting effective fraud investigations: this topic should help you to understand the factors to be considered in an evaluation of the fraud prior to the investigation. You’ll also study case management considerations specific to fraud investigations.
This foundation course is aimed at those interested in taking practical steps to protect themselves and others against fraud. Fraud and how to counter it in a UK context is the main focus of the course but many of the subjects covered are relevant to learners in other countries.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Identify the key enablers of fraud.
- Explore the psychology of fraud criminals.
- Interpret the nature of frequently reported fraud types.
- Explain how to implement the Fraud Investigation Model (FIM).
- Identify case management considerations specific to fraud investigations.
- Interpret principles for working with victims.
- Ozone certificate