Learn how to create apps to use in your own teaching practice
There are many educational apps available, but the majority are created by non-educators.
Platforms for developing apps are becoming increasingly user-friendly, so it’s easier for teachers to create apps to support their own classroom activities.
In this course, you’ll learn how to play a more proactive role as an app creator. You’ll learn how to create at least five pages of a simple app that can be used to demonstrate how content, technology and pedagogy are related.
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to use an app creation site to design and develop a sample app.
- Why use digital technologies in the classroom
- How content, technology and pedagogy are related
- How other educators have engaged with app creation activities
- How an app works
- The process of creating an app
This course is designed for pre-service teachers, teachers and education leaders who want to discover what apps are and how they might be used to support school activities.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explain the interconnectness between content, technology and pedagogy
- Describe in general terms how an app works
- Design a simple app using a set of instructions
- Explain how teacher-developed resources open doors for entrepreneurship