Gain the skills you need to help adolescent learners thrive.
A large and growing body of research shows that adolescents who score high on social and emotional wellbeing report improved grades, better relationships, less trouble at school and a lesser likelihood of emotional problems.
On this course, ultimately, you’ll learn to help adolescent learners develop the skills and mindsets that will allow them to thrive. You’ll investigate the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of young people, explore the uses of neuroscience in education and help youths embrace lifelong learning.
Let’s get started
Lifelong learning for adolescents: Setting the stage
A focus on cognitive development
Promoting learning through social and emotional wellbeing
Social and emotional challenges: What can you do?
A teacher’s perspective
Course wrap up
This course is for anyone in a role that supports young adolescents. For example: parents, teachers, youth leaders, guidance officers and counsellors.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Investigate lifelong learning as a context for young adolescent learners
- Explain the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of young adolescents
- Explore applications of neuroscience with a particular focus on social and emotional impacts for cognitive engagement
- Evaluate strategies to optimise adolescent social and emotional wellbeing
- Accredited CPD certificate