Guided by leading experts in assessment for learning, on this course you’ll discover how to gauge your learners’ understanding, so that you can better progress their learning.
You’ll discover how you can create a classroom culture that allows difficult ideas to surface, revealing student misconceptions and allowing you to tailor your teaching to your students. You will learn the key principles of assessment for learning, before exploring two approaches in more detail.
- Key principles of assessment for learning
- Intentional dialogue as a form of evidence of students’ understanding
- Hinge-point questions to respond to students’ learning
This course would suit teachers, curriculum leaders, teaching assistants, newly qualified teachers, trainee teachers and others involved in the education of young people.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Identify the main principles of assessment for learning
- Reflect on the role of intentional dialogue in supporting teaching in a formative way
- Develop your use of hinge-point questions to elicit evidence from students
- Collaborate with peers, educators and mentors to try out activities and share thinking, in order to develop your teaching practice
Accredited CPD Certificate