On this course, you will learn what robots are and explore human robot interaction (HRI) in healthcare. You will identify the challenges of designing robots for healthcare and look at what MedTech scientists are doing to solve them.
Using case studies, you will learn why regulations are essential for the safe use of robots and AI in healthcare, and understand the process of bringing a successful product to market. You will also explore how artificial intelligence is used in surgical procedures, to improve precision diagnostics, in exoskeleton technology, and even for patient care
Designing robots for better human interaction
- What is a robot?
- Human-robot interactions
- Regulations and commercialisation
AI and Robotics in healthcare
- How robots can assist patients
- Assisting clinicians
Towards post-human care?
This course is appropriate for anyone interested in MedTech and product design. The course will be of particular interest to undergraduate students studying engineering, product design, and disciplines related to healthcare, and professionals working in the healthcare sector in a medical capacity or as MedTech designers.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Discuss how AI and Robotic technologies could impact the nature of assisting individuals with healthcare complications.
- Articulate the commercialisation and regulatory process of medical robotics in the US and UK.
- Describe crucial problems of using AI and robotics in healthcare and how this is overcome.Describe how assistive robots assist in the application for surgery and rehabilitation.