Diet-related diseases and obesity levels are rising. On this course you will explore the relationship between diet and disease and the role diet plays in weight management. You will examine the latest research studies to consider how poor nutrition can lead to ill health, and whether what we eat can help to prevent the onset of common diseases, such as cancer. You will also look at micronutrients, and how a diet low in micronutrients can lead to health problems, and you’ll whether supplements can play a role in a healthy diet.
- How some nutrient deficiency can lead to health-related problems
- Relationship between cancer and micronutrient deficiency, such as iron or fish oil.
- The use of supplements and healthy eating for disease prevention or weight control.
The course is for students in healthcare disciplines, plus anyone with a general interest in nutrition and health.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Describe the relationship between diet and health-related diseases.
- Explain the importance of healthy diet and nutrition in disease prevention.
- Summarise the mechanism of diet for weight management.