Pop Art changed the world – influencing fields as diverse as graphic design, philosophy, music, and advertising. But how did Pop Art really begin? And what do we know about its most famous artists? Learning alongside top educators and curators from the internationally renowned Centre Pompidou, you’ll examine the roots of a movement that went on to shake modern culture – bringing disposable ‘low’ aesthetics into the realm of ‘high’ art. You’ll get a panoramic view of Pop Art, from its unexpected origins to the lives of its most famous figureheads, including Warhol and Lichtenstein.
- The origins of Pop Art
- Pop Art as one of the great artistic movements of the 20th century
- How Pop Art drew inspiration from popular culture, advertising, design and fashion and which in turn fed Pop Culture
- Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein, the emblematic figures of the movement
This course is designed to be open to anyone curious, playful, and eager to learn more about Pop Art.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
Develop your knowledge on art history
- Describe a piece of art
- Discuss art with experts and other learners
- Experiment your talent by doing Pop Art work
- Explore the Pop univers
- Compare British Pop Art and American Pop Art
- Improve your art acquaintances
- Identify a work of art or an artist from the pop art movement