Relying on a strong theoretical background, this fascinating course educates you in the basic concepts of finance and wealth management – including diversification, risk and return and market efficiency – and how to grow and manage wealth over time.
You’ll cover traditional theories in finance as well as more recent developments in financial markets. Learn about asset classes such as stocks and bonds and about financial instruments such as derivatives. Explore overarching principles of finance such as compound interest, the time value of money, investment risk and modern portfolio theory.
- Asset Classes
- Time Value of Money
- Market Efficiency
- Risk and Return
- Portfolio Theory
- Market Crashes
- Negative Interest Rates
- The Wealth Management Process
This prestigious course is designed for both Bachelors and Masters students interested in learning about basic and more advanced topics in the finance and wealth management fields.
It will also be useful for professional practitioners working within the wealth management industry. To fully understand all content within this course, a mathematical knowledge of upper secondary level is required. However, learners without this level of mathematical knowledge will still find the course useful, but may not be able to engage with the mathematical rationale behind all theories.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Identify asset classes and instruments.
- Calculate time value of money and compounding return.
- Reflect on the meaning of market efficiency for financial markets.
- Demonstrate knowledge on fundamentals aspects in finance such as Risk and Return, as well as Diversification.
- Explore the basics principles of Portfolio Theory.
- Assess the concepts of finance as integral parts of the wealth management process