The Skills You Need is an interactive skills-based course designed to help you prepare for the PTE Academic Test. It is designed and delivered by expert English language teachers and focuses on the core communicative skills of speaking, writing, reading and listening with an explicit emphasis on uncovering the sub-skills required to be successful in different item types.
This enables candidates to understand what is required to improve performance in each skill area and approach the test feeling better prepared and more confident.
- An overview of the core communicative skills of speaking, writing, reading and listening, and the associated subskills addressed in the PTE Academic test.
- Instruction on developing the subskills required for different item types.
- Interactive lessons and practice activities using a teaching rather than a test practice approach.
- Test-taking strategies to improve performance in each skill area.
PTE Success: The Skills You Need will provide excellent preparation for all candidates, but it is designed specifically for repeat PTE candidates who are seeking targeted intervention to improve their performance on specific test items and skill areas.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Identify each part of the PTE Academic test and the language skills assessed.
- Use the language skills for each item type more confidently.
- Apply effective test taking strategies designed to prepare you for the test.
- Apply strategies and tips for demonstrating your language ability in each skill area.
- Develop strategies for improving your language skills in speaking, writing, reading and listening for the test.