|Qualification title:||Qualifi Level 3 Diploma in Chinese Culinary Arts (Lu Ban)|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/3164/1|
|Progression routes:||Options for Qualifi Level 4 Certificates|
|Availability:||UK and international|
This qualification has been created for learners who wish to develop their Chinese cooking and
culinary skills within the catering sector. The qualification provides a specialist work-related programme of study that provides breadth and depth of knowledge and understanding, along with practical skills required for Chinese cooking. It also allows specialist development through the units.
We hope that centres and learners take the opportunity to learn a great deal from this programme that will provide relevant new skills and qualities. It is envisaged that this programme will encourage both academic and professional development so that learners move forward to realise not just their own potential, but also that of organisations across a broad range of sectors. The Diploma is accredited at Level 3. The programme has a total equivalence of 85 credits.
- Preparing and Making Advanced Hot Chinese Dishes
- Preparing and Decorating Advanced Chinese Cold Dishes
- Advanced Chinese Noodles and Dumplings
- Understanding the Chinese Food Culture
- Dough Modeling
- Advanced Western Influenced and Chinese Desserts
- Have knowledge of Chinese food and beverage culture.
- Master the cultural connotation of Chinese cuisine and the essence of food culture in Tianjin.
- Master the selection, identification and cooking of raw material processing.
- Have a good command of the operating skills and requirements of the related positions in Chinese cooking.
- Have a simple cognition on and being able to use the Chinese kitchen equipment and tools.
- Achieving the primary level of Chinese cooking.
- Qualifications at Level 2 and/or;
- Learners who have work experience in a catering environment and can demonstrate ambition with clear career goals;
- A level 3 qualification in another discipline and want to develop their careers in Chinese cooking.