|Qualification title:||Qualifi Level 5 Certificate in Teaching Practice (TEFL) (The TEFL Academy)|
|Qualification type:||Vocational Related Qualification (Higher Education)|
|Qualification number (RQF):||603/4315/1|
|Progression routes:||A pathway to study for a higher level of qualification in teaching and/or linguistics|
|Availability:||UK and international|
|Next qualification review date:||01/04/2022|
The qualification has been created to contribute to the professionalism of the global TEFL industry. The programme is designed to develop the academic and professional skills and qualities needed to develop as an effective EFL teacher.
The Qualifi Level 5 Teaching Practice (TEFL) 9 The TEFL Academy) Certificate is designed for new teachers who have completed the Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL Academy). The aim is to support novice teachers in their practice through a series of reflection and self-evaluation tasks.
- Fundamentals of TEFL Practice
The primary objective of this course is to equip new teachers to further develop the following areas covered in the online course:
- plan effective, well-structured lessons
- take the needs and interests of their students into account when planning lessons and courses
- use a range of materials and different activity types
- have a sufficient understanding of English grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation to identify and help with student problems
- be aware of the four language skills and ways of teaching them.
- This qualification is designed for new teachers who have completed the Qualifi Level 5 Certificate in Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL Academy).
- In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, then IELTS 6.5 (or equivalent) is recommended.