This course offers you the chance to learn how to build a socially-driven brand by bringing genuine purpose to your business actions, products, and internal processes. In the right hands, making a social impact is a powerful tool in business. However, advertising has missed the memo with public trust in advertising declining by 50% in 20 years.
On this course, you’ll study a range of case studies as you explore how a strong brand purpose can be put into action to deliver strong business results
- Understanding the context (social impact is mainstream & consumers are becoming activists – eg >5000% more protest signs on Pinterest in 2019 vs 2018).
- The evolution from social responsibility (doing good within your sphere of operations) to social business (having a positive impact on society) inc. real examples.
- The ‘three layers of purposeful business’ and how to move from the outside in – including real examples.
- A step-by-step guide to building purpose into every element of your brand – from creative idea through to media execution.
- Five technologies & tools that can help you to deliver on your purpose at scale.
This course is designed for anyone who wants to learn how to build a meaningful connection between a business or brand and its consumers.
This could include brand owners and marketers from global corporations, agencies, and SMEs, as well as individual business owners.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Explore the context of the ever-evolving world of purpose
- Describe the evolution from social responsibility (doing good within your sphere of operations) to social business (having a positive impact on society)
- Explore the ‘three layers of purposeful business’ and how to move their brand from the outside in
- Develop the skills to build authentic purpose into every element of their brand – from creative ideas through to media execution, and also internal and external functions
- Develop a deeper knowledge of technologies & tools that can help brand deliver on their purpose at scale
- Develop an understanding of how to discover further pieces of tech and tools through the B Corp directory, and a brief overview of the function of the community
- Apply purpose to their business to build a brand that matters