On this course, you’ll discover the secrets of storytelling from expert performers and artists. Stories are a powerful way to engage an audience and deliver impact. Using characters creates empathy, and makes people more open-minded to hearing something new or engaging with a complex topic.
- Developing skills for using stories to deliver messages that affect audiences and drive change.
- Discussion of how building empathy and developing characters can offer multiple perspectives on complex problems.
- Explore how connecting with an audience through story can create new awareness and influence attitudinal shifts around a particular cause.
- View performances and interviews with storytelling experts to demonstrate how story crafting can develop empathy and deliver impact.
This course would benefit professionals who want to tell an impactful story, including those working in not-for-profit or commercial sectors, marketing teams, writers, educators, and public speakers.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Discuss how professionals use stories to elicit social change.
- Introduce multiple perspectives into stories for social impact.
- Learn how to identify an audience, communicate a message, and develop a strong protagonist to deliver your message.
- Identify how empathy and belief systems affect storytellers and audience members.
- Use visual elements to enhance a storytelling project.