To work on building a sustainable society requires learning and applying new, integrated concepts of living, working, and producing. This course will provide you with a renewed understanding of the issues of sustainability, and will introduce you to the framework of Symbiosis in Development (SiD), developed over 20 years.
SiD is the first complete systemic sustainability framework, combining the theory of systems thinking and sustainability with a practical application method, and team work processes to guide projects from A to Z.
- Introduction to key concepts of systems thinking applied to sustainability
- Sustainability definitions and frameworks
- Redefining success in sustainability projects
- Sustainability impact mapping
- Overview of systems dynamics
This online course is for purpose-driven professionals in both public and private organisations, who are determined to make a substantially positive impact on society. This includes policy makers, designers, planners, researchers, engineers, business strategists, and people in communications and management.
Whether learners are taking the first steps in their career, or they are experienced sustainability experts, the course provides a common understanding and vocabulary on systemic sustainability.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Identify the main concepts underlying sustainability, and its relevance in our society today.
- Explore basic principles of systems thinking and network theory applied to sustainability.
- Interpret systemic behaviours in society, and how they relate to sustainability transitions.
- Evaluate the way success is defined for sustainable projects
- Perform quick impact scans across different dimensions of sustainability, enlarging your scope of impact.