Curious about how the fashion industry has transformed and shaped Western culture over the last 150 years? This 4-week course delves into the fashion world and investigates fashion as both a cultural phenomenon and a creative industry. You’ll explore the interaction between fashion, society and business with top fashion designers.
- Fashion and the rise of modern culture
- Fashion and society
- Fashion as a language
- Fashion, production and consumption
Whether you’re a marketing student intrigued by consumer culture or you’re an experienced fashion professional looking to enhance your knowledge, this course is designed for anyone looking to deepen and specialise their knowledge of the fashion industry. This course will also be relevant to fashion entrepreneurs who need a holistic view of the industry’s key success factors.
By the end of the course you will receive an Ozone certification. This certification is evidence that you are able to…
- Develop transdisciplinary knowledge and expertise aimed at understanding the logics of the contemporary fashion field
- Identify the creative models of the different fashion houses and their conception of time
- Explore the trends diffusion models
- Interpret a fashion silhouette
- Explain the construction of consumer behaviour