On this course, you will develop your teaching skills as you explore the benefits of using pre-teaching and assigning competence as strategies for intervention with learners of all ages.
Learning from experts in the field as well as your teaching peers, you will explore relevant teaching research and learn key strategies to apply in intervention, as well as whole class sessions.
Upon completion of this course, you will have a deeper understanding of how to support your pupils to access age-appropriate learning and be active and influential participants in lessons.
- Understand the barriers to learning and the current education context
- Introduction to and exploration of pre-teaching
- Introduction to and exploration of assigning competence
- Further develop effective use of pre-teaching and assigning competence
- Review and reflect
This course is designed for those who teach learners of any age, as well as school leaders and those responsible for education intervention.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Develop strategies for obtaining equitable classrooms
- Identify the best use of pre-teaching
- Interpret assigning competence in order to raise status of learners in the classroom
- Explore how to use pre-teaching and assigning competence to raise the attainment of learners
- Improve upon self-reflection and teaching practice