Understand what the GDPR means for you as data subject, controller or processor
On 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), aiming to improve data protection for individuals across the EU, became directly applicable. Now, organisations need to be compliant with the new rules and should act immediately.
By developing good knowledge of the GDPR and understanding how it affects you, you will learn about the first steps for making your organisation compliant and can immediately start taking them. You will explore data subjects’ rights, data controllers’ and processors’ obligations, and enforcement and compliance notions in the context of the Regulation.
- General principles and basic concepts of the GDPR
- Key actors under the GDPR and their role
- Rights of data subjects
- Obligations of data controllers and processors and law compliance measures
- Enforcement and compliance mechanisms
- Liabilities and sanctions
The course is specifically developed for professionals working for companies, public authorities and bodies, students, and anyone who wishes to know more about data protection and the GDPR, especially those handling personal data.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Identify the main positions of the GDPR, including key concepts, principles and data protection roles.
- Explore rights of data subjects and their relevance in daily life.
- Investigate obligations of data controllers and processors and related steps that need to be taken for complying with the GDPR.
- Evaluate enforcement and compliance mechanisms and international data transfers under the GDPR.
- Ozone certificate