Have you ever wondered how doctors and nurses know what treatment or care to give? It’s only through health research that healthcare professionals find new and better ways of preventing, diagnosing and treating disease. Today’s research is tomorrow’s treatment.
On this course, you will learn how health research happens, why it matters and what to expect if you take part. You will also hear stories from people who have taken part in research; why they volunteered and the difference it made.
- What is the value of health research?
- How can you make an informed decision about taking part?
- Being part of research
If you’re interested in taking part in health research or discovering how to get involved in supporting health research, this course will help to answer your questions before you make the decision.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Reflect on patient case studies to describe what is involved in health research
- Apply learning to make informed decisions on how and why you could participate in health research
- Identify the questions to ask before taking part in health research
- Identify who to contact to get more information about health research