Create a plan for using digital tools to learn more about your favorite topics
On this course, you’ll learn about the digital technologies you can use to make your life, work and study easier.
From email and messaging to social media, you’ll discover digital tools for communicating and searching, and explore the creative possibilities offered by digital technology.
You’ll learn why and how to stay safe online, how to find trustworthy content, and the importance of how others perceive you online.
You’ll also learn how to use the internet to search and apply for jobs, and explore how online communities can help you in a variety of situations.
The fundamental skills needed to use the internet, including:
- Email, social media and research through the effective use of search engines and databases.
- Online collaboration with others – for work, to create digital content, and to communicate with friends and family.
- Creating advanced digital content by choosing the relevant tools and developing a creative idea.
It is aimed particularly at those who want to enter university and study any subject with a digital element, such as STEM, healthcare, social sciences, or arts and humanities.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Demonstrate how to register and log in to websites, navigate the web, create social media profiles for well known platforms
- Investigate and search for resources to support your job-seeking, studies and daily life
- Collaborate and work together safely online and use online communities to develop your skills and receive support, as well as understand the importance of a personal learning network
- Produce advanced digital content and post it to appropriate platforms
- Identify and discriminate between trustworthy and untrustworthy communications and content online
- Reflect systematically on your own learning progress
- Develop your own personal plan for learning beyond the course and using your new skills effectively
- Ozone Certificate