The new look and revised content were developed in consultation with those working in the profession, both through the early stages of its development and in pilots.
The key updates are:
- All updated guidance is in alignment with Keeping Children Safe in Education (KCSiE) rev 2020 and Working Together to Safeguarding Children rev 2020/1.
- Stronger links between safeguarding and our refreshed Prevent e-modules to help colleagues fully understand the safeguarding connections with Prevent.
- A new section on digital safety, which we have built to be easy to understand, even if you are not IT literate.
This safeguarding training course is designed to support all those working in the Further Education and Training sector. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility so it is useful to have knowledge and understanding of what types of safeguarding issues you might come across, need to report or get advice about. Increased awareness and understanding, alongside effectively implemented safeguarding policies, provide staff and learners with a safer working and learning environment and ensures early intervention is actioned when necessary. Children, young people and adults at risk can be vulnerable to abuse, neglect and harm and need intervention and protection.
The Safeguarding in FEand Training course contains four modules:
- Introduction to safeguarding
- Recognising safeguarding concerns and risks
- Safeguarding and you
- An introduction to digital safeguarding.
It is envisioned that each module will take about a week to work through. There is an assessment at the end of the course and you will receive a certificate once you have completed the course.